Bayeux (Normandy – France), the headquarters of Normandy American Heroes, is the perfect stopover to discover the historical sites of WWII if you are planning to stay a minimum of two nights. For a longer stay, let us tailor your trip to Normandy…and beyond.
In order to help you plan your trip, here are the best options to get from Paris to Normandy.
Bus from Gare de Lyon (Paris) to Caen Train Station
Itinerary: 2 hours (Roissy Charles de Gaulle or Orly airport to Gare de Lyon) + 3h30 bus + 20 mn (train Caen to Bayeux)
Total duration: 8 hours
- Cheapest way to travel
- You can catch a train to Bayeux (20mn ride)
- You need to go to the Gare de Lyon train station by RER and Metro
- You will need to take a taxi, rent a car to go to Bayeux if you don’t catch the train
Train from Gare Saint Lazarre (Paris) to Bayeux
Itinerary: 2 hours (Roissy Charles de Gaulle or Orly airport to Paris) + 2h15mn (Paris to Bayeux)
Total duration: 5 hours
- You can travel 1st class at the price of a 2nd class ticket if you buy your train ticket 3 months in advance
- You can relax in the train, quite comfortable
- You will have to take the RER B + metro, the taxi or the Air France bus to get from the airport to the Gare Saint Lazarre (add minimum 1h30 for the transfer)
- The earliest train will get you in Bayeux around 9am
- The ticket is not refundable
- You will then have to walk, or take a taxi to get to your hotel
Car Rental from Roissy Charles de Gaulle or Orly international Airport
Total duration: 4 hours (pending on traffic)
- · You are autonomous
- You will have to drive in an unknown country
- The driver will not enjoy the countryside to concentrate on the road
- You will lose time picking up your car at Roissy Charles de Gaulle or Orly airport
- You will have to figure out your itinerary…even with the help of a GPS
- You will have to pay the toll on the highway
Normandy American Heroes SUV Premium Service Roissy Charles de Gaulle/Orly airport or Paris to Bayeux
Total duration: 3 hours
If you are joining us for a tour of Normandy's most famous sites, we are happy to arrange an SUV to pick you up from Paris. An SUV, with a driver, is an ideal ride for those who want to travel in style, comfort and security. Normandy American Heroes SUV offers high capacity and a luxurious experience to its travelers. Nothing can match the comfort and elegance level of this vehicle. We offer a wide array of benefits combined with reliability and convenience.
Normandy American Heroes SUV Premium Service Carpiquet Airport (Caen – Normandy) to Bayeux
Total duration: 30 minutes
If you are joining us for a tour of Normandy and arriving in Caen's airport, we are happy to arrange your travel to Bayeux in an SUV. SUV’s have always been associated with class and luxury. The facilities are second to none and offer you a luxurious ambience inside. While stepping inside, the warm and inviting interiors will make you awestruck. The top-end amenities inside will surely make your ride fun-filled and exciting.